Knowing when to use data analytics becomes a key component to awaken your mindset and teach you how to apply actionable solutions.
Design Centred Approach to AI
Today’s organizations are fast-paced, looking for optimizations, and are becoming increasingly challenged with solving complex problems in a collaborative way. Combined with the power of data analytics, design thinking has the potential to drive innovation like never before.
Whether you are developing new products, optimizing the customer journey, or building a solution to spark innovation, the methodologies we share will guide you to the optimal outcome. Knowing when to use data analytics becomes a key component to awaken your mindset and teach you how to apply actionable solutions using an insight oriented perspective. This critical skill set is applicable to all industries and all levels of government and is amplifying our analytical capabilities.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- A specific set of tools, methods and frameworks that pair Design Thinking with AI and machine learning to solve customer and organizational challenges
- Practical steps to get to the next level of maturity with design and analytics, not just individually but for your team and organization as a whole
- Examples of successful projects that have taken a user-centred design approach to implementing new digital products, services and platforms
Who should attend?
- Those who want to understand how design and AI work together
- Those who want to spark discussions and champion a design thinking mindset inside their organization
- Fundamentals of AI, machine learning and data analytics
- Design thinking applied to emerging technology
- Personalization and prediction
- Conversational and voice interfaces
- Benchmarking your organization’s customer experience and analytics maturity
- Gaining buy-in and adoption of these methods inside the organization
- Ethical or responsible AI frameworks
All participants will receive printed and digital copies of the Design Centred Approach to AI workbook and copies of all tools introduced during the workshop.
Everton combines his knowledge of design, analytics, and technology to solve problems for clients. He is currently co-founder and Partner at Impact Signal a consulting company in Toronto. After completing his MBA, he led teams at IBM Interactive and Bridgeable (Service Design Consultancy). He also spent time as an executive at a Legal Tech start-up using AI.
He has experience overseeing teams of 20+ designers, business strategists, UX researchers and data scientists. His project teams won global awards from the Service Design Network and Fast Company for innovative design. He has successfully collaborated with many organizations including Bristol Myers-Squibb, Royal Bank of Canada, TELUS, Toronto Transit Commission, and Canadian Governments.
Everton is a guest lecturer at Laurier University and speaker at conferences including BLND 2018, Analytics By Design 2019, and Design Leadership Summit Toronto 2019.
Ramy is a Canadian engineer, designer and maker. As the former Head of Innovation for Mattel and Managing Director of Design & Strategy for Architect, he has led the launch of digital products that have touched the lives of millions. Ramy is the author of the upcoming AI Product Design Handbook, set for release in July, 2020.
Ramy is a regular speaker at international events including World Usability Congress, IxDA, Machine Learning Exchange, AI Business Summit and World Mobile Congress. Ramy teaches Design Thinking at McMaster University and in the Master’s of Engineering, Innovation & Entrepreneurship program at Ryerson.
Ramy has led workshops on Design Thinking for AI and machine learning with a wide range of clients, including TELUS, CIBC, Facebook, New Balance, Air Canada, HBC, and Rogers.
Grow your network
Meet and build new relationships with like-minded design leaders and data analytics professionals with whom you’ll share learning and progress throughout the workshop. Our experienced team guides each participant through process-driven organizational challenges and activities in a safe learning environment.
The workshop will take place on February 18, 2020 from 9am to 4:30pm in downtown Toronto, steps away from Union Station. You will apply design thinking methodology to your work and get feedback from seasoned professionals. Throughout the workshop you will apply your design thinking and analytic framework training through interactive activities, under the guidance of professional instructors. Snacks, refreshments, coffee, and lunch will be provided.
For groups of 3 or more from the same organization, please contact us for special pricing.data analyticseverton lewisramy nassarservice designworkshop